Laurence Brass - Lib Dem county candidate for Bushey North
WATFORD STADIUM All Bushey's Lib Dem councillors will vote against ANY Local Plan which includes a Watford FC stadium on Bushey Hall Golf Course. By contrast, the Tories are hopelessly divided on this issue, and refuse to rule it out.
BUSHEY COUNTRY CLUB I will fight to preserve the bulk of the site as a country park - and oppose plans to bulldoze it for a huge and inappropriate school.
FARM WAY FIELDS I will support residents' concerns about the proposed 850-home Compass Park development on the Masons Field greenbelt and insist on a proper public consultation.
But I don't just want to stop things: I want to start things, too. I'm committed to making a fairer and greener Bushey - by improving bus services and cycle lanes, expanding rooftop solar power, supporting carers, and helping disadvantaged schoolchildren. I also want to make it much easier to get your everyday problems solved, like potholes, streetlamps and pavements. I'll hold regular residents' meetings, and introduce a dedicated hotline for reporting local concerns.
Laurence's plan for Bushey
- Safer, better, highways Restore a fair share of county funding and fix Bushey's roads and pavements. 20mph limits for residential roads.
- Stay in touch Regular residents' surgeries and a new hotline for reporting local problems.
- Greener More cycle lanes and rooftop solar power. Improve local bus services and household recycling.
- Fairer Expand free school meals for disadvantaged children. Pay carers a living wage.
Healthier Improve wellbeing facilities to more easily enable residents to engage with one another.
- Cleaner Curb fly-tipping. Clean litter from the river Colne
More about Laurence
BUSHEY Resident since 1972
EXPERIENCE Former Judge, specialising in asylum and disability law.
COMMUNITY Served alongside Michael Colne as Bushey councillor; former VP of Board of Deputies, and chair of Watford Racial Equality Council.
VALUES Equality and opportunity.
Greener, Fairer, Healthier: A Better Hertfordshire
Read the full Hertfordshire Lib Dem manifesto here